Sunday, June 24, 2007

Snazzy Shoes

Being that this is a very new blog, I would like everyone to get to know who I am by seeing my new and old completed projects. The shoes pictured below were made by me about 4 months ago. Well, I didn't make the actual shoes myself, they were bought from a thrift store. I did decoupage the heck out of them though, and had a fabulous time doing it! The rainbow colored ones were bought from the salvation army. They were originally just plain old white heels, and I decoupaged them with origami paper and painted the straps with red acrylic. I also included a before and after pic of another pair I made with blue tissue paper that I acquired at the 99 cent store. As you can see, the original shoe was boring old black leather, but now they are blue and beautiful! And yes, with enough varnish, you can wear them out in good weather.

No comments: