Sunday, June 24, 2007

Acrylic Flowers

So, my adventures with acrylics have begun! I took a book out from the library I work at called "Painting Flowers A-Z" by Sherry C. Nelson. I went to the craft store and spent a bunch of money on brushes, as my old brushes were cheap (bristles falling out, etc...). What a difference those new brushes made! I painted these two flowers last night. Yeah, I know I'm no Georgia O'Keefe yet, but I'm still pretty proud of them. I tried so hard to imitate the author's flowers, but then came to the realization that I have my own style and in every creation I complete, that style will show through. One of my favorite quotes by Robert Henri states "Don't worry about originality; you couldn't get rid of it even if you tried. It will stick with you and show up for better or for worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do."

No comments: