Sunday, January 25, 2009

January Polymer Clay Jewelry

With the exception of the earrings on top, these pieces have all been made within the past month or so. From the top, #1 Wood Grain earrings, #2, Summer Sunset Mokume Gane pendant, #3 Pear pendant, and #4 Lotus pendants. The pear and lotus pendants were made with my own hand-carved stamps which were based off of original drawings. The "wood grain" effect in the earrings was also achieved by hand-carving a texture stamp. Mica powders were used to enhance the wood grain earrings and the lotus pendants. Acrylic paint and gloss varnish were used to enhance the pear pendant. The Summer Sunset pendant was made by me while I was teaching a friend how to do Mokume Gane. Diana, if you're reading this, send me a pic of your pendant and I'll post it!

No comments: