Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Paper Mosaic Project

Here is that project that I was having so much trouble with. It's finished and I'm just amazed by the end result. Click on the image to see some incredible details and textures. Here's what I did:
* Cut up three different green-hued collage papers into squares and rectangles of ranging sizes.
* Glued them onto a painted canvas in a mosaic-like pattern (at this point I got frustrated at how boring it looked-it was way too much green and looked excessively kitschy).
* Decided the Hell with it, and went to town with the glitter glue, lining the "seams" of the papers with it.
* Using watered down acrylic paints, I painted in the different blocks of the mosaic with different colors; a lot of reds, purples and gold. I also rubbed some additional glitter glue into some of the blocks.
That's it!
I plan on making more, but using different shapes of paper cut-outs. Maybe triangles or even overlapping circles would be nice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this - rich textures and wonderful colors! Awesome!

Tricia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment...I love comments.

Wow, your mosaic is pretty cool! You have such patience!

nonizamboni said...

I've been so interested in making mosaic but never thought about paper. Its beautiful and thanks for the helpful instructions. Very colorful (must be a Libra thing!)

Anonymous said...

The mosaic piece is not only wildly creative, but the rich texture and different patterns are like candy to the eye! Great job:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks really cool, especially the texture!